Monday, November 3, 2008

Mae Hong Son

It was the last day of the AUA term so I decided to travel to Pai, Mae Hong Son and spend some time with my friends from Stockholm, Sweden.

During the van ride up through the lush green winding mountains I listened to the atmospheric sounds of Amina (Iceland) and zoned out.  

I met up with Alexander and his friends at a Thai restaurant in Pai about 3 hours later...we  enjoyed some delicious gai pat met ma muang, tom yam gai, and bia Sing (for Alex: always bia Chang, mak mak)

The Swedes wanted to depart from Pai early to get started on the long treacherous motorcycle ride back to Chiang Mai before dark.  I said goodbye and wished them a safe journey.

I decided to rent a bicycle in Pai and went on a beautiful bike ride through the hills of Mae Hong Son.  I rode for about 16km, up to a quiet temple on the hill, and finally to "WWII Bridge".  The sky was a deep blue, filled with clouds...and fresh mist clung to the mountains.

3 comments:

Zoey said...

Wow...it's so beautiful! Glad to see you posting again too :)

Zoey said...

The statue with the three-dimensional think bubble is too hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Your words, coupled with these images, are simply beautiful. Perhaps someday Dad and I will have a chance to witness these scenes for ourselves with you beside us. In the meantime, it's an honor to perceive these sights and experiences through your eyes.