Saturday, December 6, 2008

Suvarnabhumi clear

After occupying both major airports in Bangkok for nearly a week, making it impossible for anyone to enter or exit Thailand, the anti-government protestors have finally dispersed.  This is a huge relief to everyone in the country.  The PAD's massive protests resulted in the overthrow of the prime minister and brought an end to the PPP - the political party that has been in power since Thaksin.  Since I have been in Thailand, 2 prime ministers have been overthrown during long months of fierce protest in the capital, and Thaksin - the x-prime minister originally from Chiang Mai who was overthrown by the military in 2006 - is still in exile, and faces serious prison time if he ever re-enters the Kingdom of Thailand.  I'm on my way to Moon Muang Soi 9 right now to grab a cold Singha, but I am just happy that the chaos in Bangkok seems to be coming to some sort of resolution for now...

3 comments:

e v f said...

Hellow !

I'm agree with you.

...But however Thai people still

to love and care the King.

I wish...Thai people's comeback to

love nation not only love of

self.

** The god's the creator of the wold.

(I'm sorry...If i'm so close.)

Bye T.Justin

C U

__Evf (Eve)^^

Unknown said...

hello! my teacher
i agree with u so much.
i'm one of Thai people who want to see peace in our Thailand.


But something is more fascinating,it's finding your blog.

evf tell me about this.
FARN

aaron said...

hello justin, is there any chnace you can send me your email adress. I'm currently thinking im moving to Chng Mai to teach English be nice to hear what advice you have. many thanks aaron