Saturday, September 19, 2009

Transitions

Tomorrow I will have my final piano recital at Lanna Music school.

I'll be performing Chopin and Rachmaninoff pieces (Etude in F minor, Revolutionary 10-12, and Etude 3 No. 2 in C sharp minor) alongside some really promising young Thai musicians like Nong June and Nong Fang.

This will be the last recital before I return to California, and before my music teacher Kruu Jeab moves to a new music school (after 12 years at Lanna).

This is definitely a turning point in my life. I taught my last weekday term at AUA Chiang Mai yesterday. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to teach these students. They are so bright, energetic, and joyful. My J2, L5 and L7 classes this term were awesome. I will always remember them.

I have mixed feelings, but overall I feel a sense of accomplishment, content with what I have and have done and ready to face what the future holds.

(Photo: Wat Rong Khun, Chiang Rai, Thailand)

2 comments:

Michelle Major said...

We're so glad you enjoyed your experience teaching and studying music. We hope the pianno recital went well and wish we could have been there! We're looking forward to seeing you back in the United States!

Chiang Guy said...

Glad to hear that you are getting a chance to record some music for a composer. Hope it goes well.