Sunday, July 12, 2009

View of Doi Suthep - Day and Night



This is the view of Wat Doi Suthep during the day and at night. The view is looking west out from my apartment on Sirimankalajarn.

Today skies were blue and it was warm during the morning. I got some coffee, jumped on my motorbike and cruised over to Lanna Music school. I practiced Rachmaninoff Op. 3 No. 2 through until the end and then took a break. Suddenly gray clouds started closing in and it started pouring rain, out of nowhere.

I went back to practice for another hour, and then rode out of the old city to Nimmanhaemin Soi 17 for my favorite kwoi tio tom yam gai noodle soup at Khun Mor. I had a cold Singha and listened to Miles Davis' Bitches Brew.

2 comments:

Zoey said...

J, I LOVE the day and night photo of Doi Suthep! The colors of the sky in the night one is especially breathtaking!

Rick Kitagawa said...

Hey Justin!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I agree, the night photo is pretty dope...do you mind if I use this photo as a painting reference?

Hope Thailand is continuing to treat you well!

Best,
Rick