Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pai




After flying into Chiang Mai I took a mini-van for 150B about 3 hours northwest to a small village called Pai.

Pai is a small, relaxing town alongside a peaceful river.  It attracts many international travelers.  The atmosphere is very calm and laid back - similar to Santa Cruz, CA.  

It is a great place to regather your strength after days of strenuous trekking through the surrounding mountains...

On my first day I had lunch at a restaurant owned by an Alaskan man who was a soldier in the Vietnam war.  His hearing was impaired from flying helicopters for 28 years, and sometimes he had to strain to listen and ask people to repeat themselves.  He loves living in Southeast Asia, but he said that after the war he refuses to go on any more treks through the jungle.  

1 comment:

e v f said...

oh!!

My home's there teacher.

.... It has a good view.
.... It's a beautiful place.
.... It's a ....

and there are many people from
another country.

last week I went to pai too.

I think ... It cold at night.

ok. (if I'm so close...I'm sorry.)

Bye.

__ Evf(eve)^^