Friday, July 11, 2008

Tik


This is my friend Tik.  He has a print shop right across the way from me.

In my free time I like to visit him and his wife Goi, drinking refreshing Oishii green tea and listening to jazz.

Tik will smile and ask me "Justin...sabai dii mai?"  After a very difficult day, he might not understand the problem but he will always cheer me up with his warm kindness and hospitality.  "Mai pruh!" - No problem!

He says, "Justin...come eat rice with my mother!" inviting me to sit on the floor with his elderly mom and brother to enjoy a meal of rice and fish.

As life presents an array of unexpected complications, I have really come to appreciate the generosity of people like Tik.  I have also learned the virtue of being able to adapt to any circumstance, creating a future and purpose for myself.  

No comments: