Friday, July 11, 2008

Round Kick!

Sprinting, sparring, and power / speed kicking exercises for two hours a day has really tested my flexibility.  I pulled a muscle in my left leg from the physically-demanding kicking exercises of Tae Kwon Do.  

I am trying to stretch it out and loosen it up.  Yesterday I had the most painful massage of my life...a high-pressure Thai massage digging deep into the soreness and tension.

I was able to communicate to my Tae Kwon Do teacher that I have pain in my left leg.  He was very considerate and understanding.  

During practice they let me favor my right leg and ease off my left, saying "Justin...chen gun!" (switch positions) and approaching me with genuine concern during round kicks..."Justin...jep mai?  You OK?" (Justin...are you in pain?  Are you OK?)

Tae Kwon Do has been an excellent discipline and release of energy for me, and has been an extremely important part of my life in Surat Thani.  

No comments: